The Bean Patch

Political commentary and satire, seasoned with personal experience, from the point-of-view of an ultra-conservative member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and the Patriarchy to boot.

Name:
Location: Jasper, Georgia, United States

Conservative, Baptist, family man. Married for 13 years with 4 children. Accountant by trade. Bachelor's of Business Administration from Kennesaw State University in Marietta, GA, in 1996. Graduated Cherokee High School, Canton, GA in 1991. Live in Jasper, GA.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Internet Yields No Privacy

Potential employers may be accessing your "myspace" account or other blogs to gain information on you if you are seeking a job. They can gain information that cannot be asked in interviews from blogs or personal accounts available on the internet.

I first heard about this on...NPR (I know, I know). The host was interviewing some expert on this topic, when he asks what I thought to be the most ludicrous, idiotic question, but I sensed that it was coming:

"Is there any guidelines that can be set up for employers so as to protect the privacy of potential candidates?"

These people are clueless. Someone that is literate should come along and script their interview questions for them. There is no privacy for you on the internet, especially when you are the one that controls what information is available. Whatever you do not want the general public to know about you, do not place it on your blog.

This is why I use the name "Badbeans" rather than my real name. People who know will either figure out who I am, and most likely they already know everything that I have made available in regards to information about myself. And I do not forsee that I will make a living from this blog or any other writing I may do, so I prefer for my name not to be made known on this blog.

If you don't want it to be known, don't put it on your blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawg said...

I know who you are..........

heheheheheheh

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home