The Bean Patch

Political commentary and satire, seasoned with personal experience, from the point-of-view of an ultra-conservative member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and the Patriarchy to boot.

Name:
Location: Jasper, Georgia, United States

Conservative, Baptist, family man. Married for 13 years with 4 children. Accountant by trade. Bachelor's of Business Administration from Kennesaw State University in Marietta, GA, in 1996. Graduated Cherokee High School, Canton, GA in 1991. Live in Jasper, GA.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Children Are Children, And So Are Liberals

I may have earned my first "banning" from a blog site. QuakerDave is upset with me now when I commented on his blog, in which he describes a reaction his 14 year old child had to a Keith Olbermann tirade. He called his child his "liberal-in-training". Here is the comment that set QD's ire against me.

"An old saying goes like this: If you aren't a liberal when you are young, you don't have a heart. If you are not a conservative when you grow up, you don't have a brain. Here's hoping that your liberal-in-training grows up."

If anyone can see any maliciousness in that comment, or can construe this as a personal attack on his child (besides QD), then feel free to comment about it.

This further compelled QD to write an entire section on posting rules for his site. Ah, the liberty of liberals. I am assuming that he is also calling me a bully, since with this post he included a picture of a "ban bullies" sign.

My response was that he could ban if he pleased, it was his site. But do not say it is because I am bullying his child or talking down about him. Children are children, and eventually if the Good Lord lets them live, they grow up. My personal hope is that his child grows up to be a conservative. If he does, he will still respect his dad for his liberal, misguided views, because that is what true conservatives do, that is respect their dads and people with liberal, misguided views.

Nevertheless, I would like to thank QD for proving the wisdom in the anecdote.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Badbeans said...

To liberals, children are their equals. Just look at who pushes laws enabling minors to get medical treatment (abortions) without consent of the parents.

And if you really think about it, children are equals to liberals. And liberals to children.

I guess QD thinks since his son is 14, that he is "grown up". Maybe that is where he took his offense with me.

But for the record, QD could say that he hopes that my children grow up to be liberals, and it would not bother me in the least. I certainly wouldn't think he was "dissing" my kids.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home